HIS Vision Project Long Term Scholarship Information
Cover Letter and Resumes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than December 5th 2014.
The HIS Vision Project is excited to offer a new scholarship opportunity! Due to a generous donation, one individual will be given the chance to serve in Cap Haitien, Haiti with a scholarship covering expenses*.
This individual will participate in the following:
- Assist HIS clinic staff in identifying key community partners in and around Cap Haitien for the purpose of developing a strong health network.
- Partner with HIS Vision staff to continue development of an outreach program providing education and resources necessary to effectively and systematically follow up with clinic patients to ensure they receive the medical/vision care needed.
- Help facilitate/plan health promotion classes within the HIS Vision and Medical Center.
- Participate in marketing events or meetings for the HIS Vision and Medical Center.
- Complete blog posts and additional marketing items, as needed.
- Lead a daily devotional with the HIS Vision and Medical Center Staff.
- Further the clinic Doctor’s training as well as the clinic Optician. (If applicable)
- Assist and perform eye screenings throughout Haiti to refer patients to the clinic.
Please Note: Other duties may be assigned, based off applicant’s specific skills and background.
- Ability to serve in Haiti for 4 – 6 weeks beginning in either January 2015, February 2015. March 2015, April 2015.
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Previous abroad travel experience, preferably to a third world country
- Leadership or management experience is preferred, although not required
- Ability to receive training in basic eye care, if not previously trained
- Availability to Skype the CEO/Director for training
- Availability to conduct phone meetings in preparation for travel
Educational Requirements: (All levels listed may apply)
- Senior Year in Undergrad, with a focus on: Health Promotions, Business or Pre-med
- Pursuing a Masters of Health, MBA, Medical School, Optometry School, or Optician license
- Practicing Medical Professional (OD, MD, DO, PA)
- Ophthalmic Technician
- Licensed Optician
- Office Manager with 10+ years experience in an eye care practice
Send in your resume and cover letter to email@example.com expressing why you would like to work with the HIS Vision Project and what makes you the best applicant for this opportunity. This must be received via e-mail by Monday, November 10.
If invited to interview, the applicant must provide the following information:
1. A personal statement of Faith (A least two paragraphs)
2. Three Letters of Reference including:
– An example of the applicant’s leadership and management ability
– An example of how the applicant is not afraid to take initiative
– How the applicant demonstrates their faith daily
– How the applicant has overcome a hardship or challenge
– Any travel experience (if applicable)
3. HIS Vision Long Term Application
If selected for an interview:
– Interview via phone or Skype with our Director and/or CEO
– Possible interview with Board or Directors
– HIS Vision S.H.A.P.E Profile must be completed
– Passport and Photo ID
Applicants will be selected no later than Friday, Dec. 19 2014.
– Out of country flight airfare
– In country lodging and food
– Travel Insurance
– In country transportation
Financial Responsibilities of the Applicant:
– Meals when traveling to Haiti
– Personal Items (souvenir, going out to dinner in country, etc.)
– Extra Activities in Haiti (tourist attractions, sight-seeing, etc.)